Round Table India presents Pride of Tamil Nadu an award ceremony that celebrates Pride Personalities of Tamil Nadu
Round Table India presents Pride of Tamil Nadu an initiative to identify, recognize and celebrate talents from Tamilnadu in various fields. Personalities across ﬁelds will be awarded for going an extra mile in this competitive world. It is a recognition for all the hardships and challenges that went into carving themselves, and also inspiring the next generation not only to be successful but also make Tamil Nadu PROUD. This initiative will be unique, fair and will be regarded as the most prestigious award of Tamil Nadu. The Awards will be provided under the categories of Agriculture, Art & Culture, Entertainment (Movies & TV Personalities), Food & Beverages, Govt Executives (IAS/IPS), Industrialists, Journalism, Literature, Healthcare, NGOs, Retail, SME, Sports & Start-ups
Round Table India will contribute 100% of the funds raised from the Pride of TamilNadu towards construction of classrooms for underprivileged Children. Team Madras South Round Table 39, a part of Round Table India will identify the schools that need assistance to improve their infrastructure or the schools who require assistance to improve their standards.
INSPIRING and ASPIRING personalities in each category
In each category two kinds of Awardees will be selected as follows:
- Inspirational/Achiever award (Jury): Award to personalities who are already leading or achieved in their specific field and also being a role model to many aspiring personalities. Note: This awardee will be selected by jury committee.
- Emerging Award (Nomination + Jury): This award is an attempt to Identify and recognise emerging personalities for their achievements and contribution in their own field. Note: Awardee will be selected through Nominations, Voting and Jury committee.
Criteria for Nomination (Emerging Category):
➢ Participants can be living in any part of India or the world but they should have made Tamil Nadu state proud. Having presence in TN and has been in continuous operation.
➢ They should have achieved name & fame in their respective field or they should have created a social/business impact towards betterment of TN.
➢ Consistent Growth and Impact in their own field as an Individual/Organization
Our jury members will shortlist and select the nominees who are eligible for the finals and nominate for public voting through website, mobile, WhatsApp, sms, online etc.
Application and Selection procedure:
Step – 1
Anyone can apply for the nomination or they can recommend their nominee provided they should comply with the criteria. Nominations received will be shortlisted initially based on the set criteria. Last date of Nominations: 28th Feb 2017.
Step – 2
Shortlisted nominees based on the filtered criteria will be sent to our jury members and they will select the top three/five finalists of each category who are eligible for the awards.
Step – 3
After the jury members decides on the top 5 ﬁnal list of nominees in each category it will be left to the audience to select winner of each category by voting through website, mobile, whatsapp, SMS etc. A true and deserving person who can inspire millions and makes fellow TN people proud will be bestowed with the title “Pride of Tamil Nadu -Emerging”. The jury will be holding 60% and the audience 40% in the selection of finalists.
Respected Jury Members (More to be announced soon) :
Dr. Mariazeena Johnson – Pro-Chancellor, Satyabhama University
- Dr. Santhosh Babu, I.A.S – Chairman and Managing Director at Tamil Nadu Handicrafts Development Corporation, & OSD, CM’s Special Cell
- Ms. Hema Rukmani – CEO, Thenandal Films
- Ms. Latha Rajan , Co-founder Ma Foi Group of Companies
- Mr.Nawabzada Mohammed Asif Ali, Heir Apparent and Dewan to the Prince of Arcot
- Ms. Nirmala Lakshman – Journalist and Director -The Hindu Group of Publications
- Ms. Simran, Renowed Actress
- Mr. V.Chandrasekaar – Creative Leader in Media & Entertainment Business.(Consultant)
Project launch and announcement of special cash reward:
Honourable Justice Shri K.N.Basha, Former Chairman of the Intellectual Property Appellate Board, Chennai and Former Judge Madras High Court and actor Vishal, Secretary General for Nadigar Sangam and producer launched the pride of Tamil Nadu awards and also announced that a special cash prize of minimum Rs. 2 lakh will be awarded to the deserving farmer(s) in the emerging Agriculture category on 19th March 2017.
Awards Ceremony on 19th March 2017, SUNDAY
The grand award ceremony will be held on 19th March 2017, Sunday 6 pm at Feathers Hotel with presence of who’s who of Tamil Nadu from various fields.