In April 2018, Tamil Film Producers Council (TFPC) announced that it will create its own Mastering Unit and Preview Theatre for providing mastered encrypted Content (DCP packages) for each movie to all Digital Service Providers (DSPs) and cinema theatres and will also form Virtual Print Fee (VPF) Program. In order to manage the TFPC VPF program and operate the Mastering Unit, TFPC appointed Microplex Global Private Limited (via an agreement entered between the parties). Within 3 months, it has taken a major step and achieved a milestone, by opening the Microplex-TFPC Mastering Unit and Preview Theatre on 14th July 2018.
FOR EXHIBITORS / DSPs
1. With immediate effect, much similar to the Hollywood (example: Universal Pictures/Paramount Pictures) Content distribution, for each Tamil Film the TFPC has decided to provide the mastered encrypted Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) and Key Delivery Messages (KDMs) via TFPC Mastering Unit to all Digital Service Providers (DSPs). For screens that own their Projectors, Content will be given directly from TFPC mastering unit.
2. This delivery model is applicable for both D & E Cinemas. DPX source Content will not be available to any of the DSPs for Tamil Films. Please refer to the attached Rate Cards for the mastering, delivery and VPF charges. To summarize;
·For D Cinema – Rs. 2750 + GST (1st week), will be withheld by the TFPC Mastering Unit as the mastering and the KDM charges
·For E Cinema – Rs. 2000 + GST (1st week) will be withheld by the TFPC Mastering Unit as the Content processing charges.
3. TFPC initiating Virtual Print Fee (VPF) Program – Single Point Collection
For the past 13 years, DSPs have been collecting VPF from producers in the name of KDM and print charges. TFPC is introducing VPF Program where the money collected from Producer will henceforth be split into three parts – (a) Mastering & KDM charges (b) Delivery Charges and (3) VPF charges. From now, TFPC Mastering Unit will collect the delivery charges and VPF charges for all DSPs from the Producer and will remit to the corresponding DSP subject to certain terms and conditions. Producer will get a single bill from TFPC mastering unit. For D Cinema, as of now there is no change in the VPF rates, except it will be collected by TFPC Mastering Unit and remitted to the corresponding DSPs.
· For D Cinema – Rs. 2750 + GST (1st week), will be withheld by the TFPC Mastering Unit as the mastering and the KDM charges and the balance of Rs.8250 will be remitted to corresponding DSPs.
· For E Cinema – Rs. 2000 + GST (1st week) will be withheld by the TFPC Mastering Unit as the Content processing charges and the balance of Rs.3000 will be remitted to corresponding DSPs. Please refer to the rate card for more details.
In order to qualify for VPF program, each DSP will be required to show the agreement that it signed with Theatre Owner to TFPC as Proof of transfer of ownership of Projector to Theatre at the end of the lease/EMI period.
1. TFPC Members, so far had to take their DPX source from door-to-door of the DSPs (totally there are 8 DSP providers). Now, with the TFPC Mastering Unit, Producers have to just drop off the DPX source at our mastering unit and DSPs will have to collect the mastered encrypted DCP package and KDMs from our TFPC Mastering Unit for distribution. There is no need for the Producer to run door-to-door with Content; it will be a ONE STOP – ONE BILLING experience.
2. As a special offer to our members, our 32-Channel Dolby ATMOS and BARCO 4K Server and Projector equipped Preview Theatre (50-seater capacity with Recliners) will be offered at Rs.5000 + GST exclusively for the TFPC Members till 14th January 2019 (while the regular rate is Rs.14,999 + GST). We are glad to announce that CBFC has certified our center and now we are authorized to issue Censor Footage Duration Letter. For the first time, TFPC has offered the best discounted rate exclusively for our members. Kindly make the best use of it. FOR BOOKINGS: Haridas – 8148400400 / Aravind – 9280809000
3. For the extensive promotions, TFPC is offering our members to integrate movie trailers as part of the DCP package. Please drop off your trailers at TFPC mastering unit and make use of this free promotion offer.